Anders and the kids went to Maria's for dinner, mostly because her husband owns a welding torch and Anders has plans for several motorcycle pieces. I opted to stay home and continue my downtime day. :) That's a good thing, not a bad one. I've been pretty accomplished, knocking off laundry, dishes, the bathtub, the entire refrigerator* (how the HELL does it get that dirty!?) and cleaning up the entire kid's department. Now I need to get some work done on the AWC site, but otherwise, the evening is mine, mine, all mine!
Yummy Recent Things With Eggs: Deviled eggs (today), toads-in-the-hole (last week), and that omelette that I think needs a repeat.
File Under "The Grass Is Always Greener": Clock
I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow to talk about work. My list so far: No, I don't like the open landscaping. No, I don't think I'm getting used to it. No, I don't think I'll ever get used to it. No, I'm not sure what to do about it. No, I don't think working from home is the answer, quite honestly, even 1 day a week. sigh
Some Nice Sets of Synonyms That Make Me Happy:**
1. ballyhoo, brouhaha, hubbub, hullabaloo
2. helter-skelter, higgledy-piggledy, willy-nilly, hodge-podge
3. zinger, humdinger, lollapalooza, knockout
4. abracadabra, hocus-pocus, mumbo-jumbo
5. pizzaz, razzamataz, razzle-dazzle
6. zero, zip, zilch
7. knick-knack, tchochki, checha-becha
8. doohickey, doodad, thingamijig, widget, whatchamacallit
9. gonzo***, banzai, gangbusters
*which we used to call the icebox. I wonder why we don't do that anymore?
**thanks for the link, lonita: Linguistic Anomalies