But I thought, what if that were true?! What if ALL YOUR MEMORIES BUT ONE disappeared? What would you do? Which one would you want to keep?
- learning how to ride a bicycle?
- the way your mom held you and stroked your hair when you cried over losing something?
- rolling out pie crusts with your grandma and getting a little round bit to sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on and bake just for YOU?
- canoeing on the Manistee?
- teaming up with Julie to beat the crap out of Jamie and Benny in Euchre?
- the last few weeks before school started when you took as much advantage of sunshine and playtime as possible?
- lockerjumping with your best friend and playing Follow The Creep?
- the slumber party where you talked about EVERYTHING and your girlfriend listened and didn't think you were silly or stupid?
- the way you felt when moving overseas and contemplating what you were looking forward to and what you were leaving behind?
- the fun of playing Famous People while painting the dorm rooms in the summer?
- the first time you realized what you were meant to do with your life? the feeling you had after reading that book, the one that changed you fundamentally?
- your first kiss?
- your wedding day?
- building your dream house?
- the way your husband/wife/lover looks at you just before and just after?
- the birth of a child? how could you choose?
- the way your children look when sleeping?
My interview today went very well, and I'm fairly confident that I'll at least be seriously considered for the job. They told me to expect a call back to meet with HR next week. There are a couple of other candidates, at least one of whom is internal, and the salary range I gave was a bit higher than they had been planning on, but regardless, I have a good shot. Thumbs still held? Fingers still crossed? :) good!
What if I get them both?! Yesterday, Johan asked me what I would do if I got offers from both of these interviews AND he came with something from Ericsson as well? Ha! I said, then it's all about the money. :D But it's not really. I don't know WHAT I would do. Imagine that.
Pumpkin soup for lunch today = happy happy Lizardek!
File this under WTF: YATTA! Silly Go Lucky (click on the video link, go on, you won't regret it)
Darn You, Wee! This is SO Addictive! Make Your Own Snowflake (and you can download them in editable formats, too!)
Great Writing Out There Right Now: Balloons and Blind Mondays
*What Memory is, according to Cicero