- lots done and lots to do, with some glowing praise sprinkled over it, at work
- being forced to go shoe shopping because my little black suede slippers finally came apart at the seams and realizing that all the shoe stores in town are having half-off sales! DOUBLE SCORE!
- Excellent sushi for dinner (despite the overly long wait) with a gaggle of girlfriends
- getting to read a very well-written paper about Pettson & Findus book translations by one of the Mosaic Minds staff members
- drooling over this lovely gallery of travel posters, which makes me want to plan another trip
- still having 1 book left of the series I am reading
- having the new IKEA catalog arrive in the mailbox...maybe it's time to think about re-decorating; most of our furniture is old and starting to look it
- listening to the 4 new CDs which arrived the other day, after I finally remembered to use the gift certificate I received from work last christmas
- receiving an e-mail from a blogging friend whose writing I greatly admire to tell me he's submitted a piece to Mosaic Minds. Whee!
JUST A LITTLE LIST
It's been a long time since I posted any poetry and that's a sad thing. It's been even longer since I wrote any, which is sadder. I read this poem…
When I was a kid, we often went on road trips. I suspect this was because, as a military family, we never lived in the same state as our grandparents…
I was going to save this for Thursday, and a do a Poetry Thursday post, which I haven't done in a million years, but I've already been saving it for…