Meg posts Friday Love Lists and this is a little bit like that, and also just because there is something so solid and cheering about the act of writing down the things that made me happy on this day of all days.
1) Work this week, and indeed this whole month, has been insanely busy and heading into super-stress-head-explosion territory. At the same time, I keep getting pats on the back and compliments on my work and support from colleagues just when I need it. Feeling like I'm doing a good job despite the overwhelming pile of projects going on simultaneously is a nice feeling.
2) It WAS Friday, with 2 whole sleeping-in, all-for-myself days still to go before my loved ones return.
3) Taming and freshening Barky with a new cut and color. Rawr!
4) Getting an awesome parking spot in front of the place I was meeting a good friend at for dinner.
5) Discovering an excellent new (to me) restaurant serving my favorite kind of food. Go on, guess! XD
6) Spending a couple of hours hanging out in a café with my friend, after dinner, talking and listening and talking and laughing and listening and talking some more (with the accompaniment of a cinnamon steamer and a scrumptious rhubarb-raspberry mini-pie)
7) Going to a real live movie theater to see a real live movie on the BIG SCREEN. And man, it was BIG! Or maybe that was because the only seats left were in the front row. I haven't sat in the front row to watch a movie since I was a teenager, and now I remember why. *massages neck* We saw Juno because someone on my flist recommended it recently and when we were looking at the movie listings I pounced on that one and said, "That's it! That's what we're going to see!" and it was GREAT.
9) Finding a couple of excellent new places to hang out online from she from whom all blessings flow.
10) Laughing at the imagined expression on BP's face when she reads #9 and realizes who I'm describing.
11) Being glad for once of the time difference between here and America because I get to be first onboard to wish my dear Christina Rosalie Many Many Happy Returns of the Day! May your birthday be a grand start to a whole new year of wonderful possibilities!