It's Anders' birthday today. :) I woke up at 5:25 a.m. and knew instantly that he was already awake. The man barely sleeps, I swear. His alarm usually goes off at 6 but mine doesn't normally go off until 6:45 so even though I rolled over and stuck my head under my pillow for another half hour, it's been a long day. At 6 I got up and snuck out, knowing he was STILL awake and pretending not to notice my sneakiness, and woke up the kids and then we came marching in with presents, singing happy birthday to him. This waking up of the birthday boy/girl is a Swedish tradition and not one I care for, honestly, what with the getting up early part. I suspect part of it is also my cultural inclination to have to wait to open presents until evening thus heightening the anticipation to a near frenzy. :P Anyway, my Swedie is another year better :) Happy birthday, honey! I love you!
When I came home from work today, there was a little package waiting for me. Hrm, I thought, what could that be? I haven't ordered anything, and it's not MY birthday. Turns out it was a blog friend being thoughtful and darling, as usual: Bethany sent me orange/lime Tic-Tacs because she somehow knows that I love the (have I written about them or something? it sure made me giggle!) orange ones and thought I'd like the lime ones, and she's right: I love them, too. Thank you, Bethany!
4 things I am wishing for right now:
- That my friends will conquer their illnesses and be better
- That bezigebij and jackiejj would come and turn my yard into a garden
- That my dearest, oldest friend will make it over this summer for our reunion in the Netherlands**
- That the sun will come out tomorrow! Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun!
- Song you love
- Book you love
- Type of cuisine you love
- Beverage you love
- Cookie you love
- Ice cream flavor you love
- Place you love to go
- Activity you love to do
- Place you love to live
- Time in your life you loved
- Person you love
- Body part (your own) that you love
- Item of clothing you love most (that you own)
- Way of relaxing you love best
*Lie. I often watch TV on Friday nights or Saturday nights for myskväll depending on what's on. Just now it's Talang 2009.
**Ha! Hey Dutchies! Look! I said The Netherlands! Not Holland! Progress!