The elastic was stretched out and floppy and the layer of dust on the cover of the case was, frankly, embarrassing, but in my own defense, I HAVE cleaned it out once before...a long time ago, after we moved to Sweden. But every pocket still contained something of enough importance that I felt the need to hold on to it.
Tonight, I went through and winnowed it down again. I threw away the following:
- receipts & copies of checks, business cards and contracts for the photographer, the violinist (that my sister met on a plane!), the dress, the DJ, the flowers, the cake, the catering, the reception hall, the church, the hotel room, and our travel itinerary for our honeymoon
- spreadsheet of cost comparisons for photographers
- 1996 White Sox schedule
- spreadsheet of costs of each section of our month-long honeymoon (Athens, Istanbul, Santorini, Naxos, Sweden)
- lists of household items we already had
- wishlists for the wedding registry for things we DIDN'T have yet
- printouts from actual purchases from the wedding registry (strangely, no one bought us the $150 espresso machine)
- pages ripped from magazines with pictures of my dress (long since sold) and the bridesmaid dresses and a page of flower ideas that I liked
- sheet music for the Delsbo Wedding March
- The minister's play-by-play for the entire ceremony including instructions such as TELL THEM TO SIT DOWN
- page after page after page of photograph orders by number and placement for albums
- The catering contract which listed all the food for the reception including, of course, Swedish meatball appetizers
- The questionnaire for the DJ which has NO checked for the following: Hokey-Pokey? Bunny Hop? Polka's? (sic) but YES checked for Ethnic Music and then the description: Swedish—Peps Persson, Dan Hylander :D
- Receipts and appraisal information for my wedding and engagement rings
- 2 copies of the ceremony program
- 2 copies of the wedding invitations
- spreadsheet of the invited guests, which included columns labeled "sent", "likely" and "responded". There are at least 3 people listed that I have no recollection of whatsoever.
- copies of our wedding certificate
- The angry 2-page letter that I wrote to the first Swedish church that dumped us, just because I write an awesome angry letter
I should scan some wedding pics, shouldn't I? We should go buy a new scanner/printer, shouldn't we?