2. We have friends coming over for dinner tonight that we haven't seen in ages. Anders is making a feasty menu that includes pulled pork sandwiches, spare ribs, American coleslaw and twice-baked potatoes. I am adding a green salad and making dessert: white chocolate & raspberry pastries with ice cream and mini-meringues.
3. I dusted the house and now I can't stop sneezing.
4. Anders agreed to a dog-sitting stint that was much longer than normal and we get to have Mental for 3 weeks! It's been ages since we had a dog over to stay and we are all looking forward to it.
5. This morning, Martin was playing the daily 7 Little Words which I had already finished earlier, so I was sitting next to him
6. The son of the friends who are coming to dinner, who is right between Martin and Karin in age, can't come tonight, so Karin asked if she could invite a friend. A BOY friend, though allegedly not a boyfriend. EEK.
7. Martin told me recently that he was rather amazed and disturbed by my ability to find new music before it becomes trendy. "What are you talking about?" I asked him. And he said, "Well, you were listening to Adele, and Gotye and that silly What Does the Fox Say song before anyone else."
8. We invited all our regulars for Thanksgiving this year and they all confirmed they are coming. Now, Anders is worried about how he's going to make mashed potatoes for TWENTY-EIGHT people.
9. There are 16 people signed up for the cookie exchange, 7 nuts and 9 no-nuts. So I have to bake 48 cookies. That's totally doable. I considered combining the groups since we've had 16 total in the past, but that would mean making NINETY cookies. Frankly, I don't need that many more cookies in the house when we will be baking a bazillion of our own as well.
10. I thought 16 things would be easy when I started this post, but I find myself struggling right now.
11. It will be at least 3 more weeks before we can move into the new space at work...it turns out if we want 3 people in the room, they have to put in another ventilation pipe, and the cost has be approved and then it will take about 3 weeks to do the work, plus about that long to order the new desks we need (since ours are too big).
12. I'm reading a trilogy of apocalyptic/disaster/end-of-civilization books and while they're pretty good, they are VERY disturbing because the whole way through, I keep thinking what would I do? how would I manage? Conclusion: I'd be dead pretty quickly.
13. Karin just came into the room with a schematic drawing plan of the backyard WITH a pool and a cabana. *sigh*
14. I would really like a soda right now. Just a small glass of pop with ice. It's been 23 weeks since I stopped drinking soda, though I've had 3, plus a couple of sips here and there. I'm amazed at my self control. As of tomorrow, no more chips (and popcorn only in moderation).
15. Notice I didn't say no more cookies. There isn't that much self-control on the PLANET.
16. Yesterday, I changed the desktop background on our computer to a slideshow of images I have saved from various places in a folder called "Art". Martin and I stared at it, hypnotized, and every time a nude came up, Martin said, "MOTHER!". And I have no idea how that photo of Zac Efron with his shirt half off and his six-pack stomach showing got in there.