The rain is coming down, drip drop, and has been for what seems weeks. There are huge standing puddles of water everywhere in our
Plan for the day: pick up kids dept., strip and make beds, work on AWC website, work on collage book for first time in MONTHS, go to the library, watch West Wing. I'd better get moving as it's already 1 p.m. eek!
Last night I watched the 2nd Harry Potter movie. So far, I'm impressed by neither the books nor the movies, although I did think the filmmakers did a virtuoso job of bringing the first book to the screen. There are so many YA books out there that are BETTER than J.K. Rowling's efforts. She's done a good job, don't get me wrong, and I appreciate what she's done to get children reading, but Diana Wynne Jones, just to name one, beats her hands down.
It's so dark in the house, because of the cloud cover, that it feels like perpetual evening. The lights are on and all we lack is a roaring fire in the fireplace. Maybe next year we'll have the fireplace. There are still so many things I want for this house:
- fireplace with 2 comfy upholstered armchairs and footstools in front of it
- a dining room chandelier (not crystal)
- new kitchen table and chairs that seat 6
- new living room furniture
- the fish tank up and running
- lights in the rest of the places where we have outlets for lights